Foundation Years Curriculum
A dedicated team of professional staff make learning fun for children of any age. Ghars International School students’ look forward to going to school, and can relax in the knowledge that the education they receive is of exemplary standards. G.I.S. is a unique international school that delivers quality education
Kindergarten: Opening Doors of Opportunity
KG and Reception under the British system, Is the gateway to school life and is treated most seriously at G.I.S.
Students are prepared for the important journey of school education, and learn early reading, writing and maths skills.
Foundation years learning – It’s never too early to begin!
Age-appropriate learning at Ghars International School Pre-K, Kindergarten and Reception classes:
- Physical play – motor skills are developed through the use of climbing frames, slides, swings, push-along toys, etc.
- Constructive play – with building toys, matching games and sequencing activities.
- Creative play – art & craft, design & technology, sensory and manipulative play, using paints, crayons, chalk, collage and sticking.
- Imaginative play – role play, mimicry and facilities for your child to create their own fantasy world.
- Language development – stories, rhymes, letter recognition, conversation, listening, phonics and whole word recognition, etc.
- Social development – sharing, turn-taking, discipline, social graces, washing hands, etc.
- Numeracy – shapes, space awareness, counting, weighing, comparing and sequencing